Hello, Hello Craft Snob Readers! Heather here from The Sewing Loft and I’m so excited to share this Mini Scrap Wallet Pattern with you. This is an easy sew project can be finished in a flash!
To be truthful, I thought it would be fun to make something from our scraps. You know, those amazing left over bits of fabric goodness that we could not bare to part with. Come on, I know you have a stash somewhere!
MINI SCRAP WALLETS
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Download pattern template. Prepare the main fabric by attaching fusible fleece. Each brand is different so be sure to follow manufactures instructions.
- Cut out mini wallet pattern from main fabric and lining.
- Sandwich the main fabric and lining with right sides together. Pin in place.
- Starting 1″ away from the bottom corner of wallet, straight stitch all around to the other side. Leave a 2″ – 2 1/2″ opening for turning. Clip corners.
- Turn wallet right side out and press. Push out corners as needed to create a straight lined corner.
- Fold under the seam allowance at opening and edge stitch closed.
- Flip up the bottom straight edge of wallet to match the fold line on pattern. (Approximately 3″.) Pin sides in place and all around straight stitch 1/4″ from edge.
- Mark snap placement and attach snaps as per manufactures instructions.
These mini wallets are perfect to make in batches. Plus, they are the perfect little gift to have on hand. This way, the next time you forget it was your neighbors birthday or need a teacher gift, you just have to slip in a gift card inside and you are all set!
I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy bite size project. Thanks so much for having me as a guest today Sara!
Heather blogs at The Sewing Loft where she offers weekly sewing tips and fun projects to help you Reclaim your creativity, one stitch at a time. Be sure to follow her stitching adventures here: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest