Hello! I’m Sarah from Cozy Nest Design. I am really happy to have been invited to share this cosmetic bag pattern with you. I love quick and easy projects like this – especially ones that help diminish my ridiculous mountain of stash fabric! This cosmetic bag can be customized using prepared or your own homemade bias tape and has plenty of room for all your treasures. I think it would make a great gift too!
Petals Cosmetic Bag Pattern
Finished size 9x6x1″
- (1) 9″ zipper
- 40 inches of 1/2″ prepared double fold bias tape (for instructions on how to make your own bias tape, go here)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cosmetic bag pattern
- Download pattern template.
- Cut 4 @ 10×6 1/2″ from main fabric (2 for exterior and 2 for lining)
- Cut 2 from accent fabric using pattern piece
- Cut 2 from accent fabric using pattern piece – reversed (flip pattern over and trace)
- Cut 2 @ 10×6 1/2″ from medium-weight interfacing
For detailed, printable instructions, click here.
I hope you have fun with this project. There is a matching purse and tote pattern available on Craftsy. I would love to see your creations! Post them to my Facebook wall or just drop in and say “hello”. Happy sewing!