Hello, readers of Craft Snob! I’m Onel from Onelmon: Crafting Experiments where I share craft tutorials that I’ve experimented on. With Christmas approaching very soon, I’m sharing this easy Santa Claus’ craft today! We are not going to make the hat, we are not going to make the costume, but we ARE going to make his beard! It’s super easy and it’s a great sewing exercise for a sewing beginner (like me!) Let’s get started!
- White felt or another fabric type of your choice
- Filling (cotton, polyfill)
- Washable marker
- Elastic cord
- Needle & white thread
1. Measure the length, from your left ear to your right ear and add approx. 3 cm extra to each side.
2. Draw a triangle on your fabric. The length of the horizontal line equals the length you measured just now (including the 3 cm extra on both sides). As for the height of the triangle, it depends on how long you want the beard to be (mine was about 15 cm long). The size of the inner triangle would be measured from your upper lip to the jaw.
3. Cut a circle and trace it along the triangle to have the cloud-like fluffy shape.
4. Do it for the whole triangle, both big and small triangles.
5. Cut out the shape. Make another exact copy of it.
6. Mark where your ears go on the fabric and cut a line.
7. Sandwich some filling in between the two pieces of fabric and sew them up together.
8. Sew a piece of elastic cord behind so it won’t fall easily.
9. Wear it and be a Santa on Christmas Day!